11/10/2008

Sin City (2005)

My tastes generally don't run to films made from popular comic books. Some of them are okay but generally I take a pass. However this film, based on Frank Miller's graphic (comic book) novels, is so noir, so bizarre, so filled with some of my favorite actors, that I loved it. This ain't your ordinary movie, Joe!

Filmed in black and white with frequent splashes of bold color.

Featuring Jessica Alba, Carla Briggs, Rosario Dawson, Benicio Del Toro, Michael Clarke Duncan, Josh Hartnett, Rutger Hauer, Nicky Katt, Michael Madsen, Brittany Murphy, Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, Nick Stahl, Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, and many others.

Directed by Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino.

Run time: 2 hours, 4 minutes

Rated R for sustained strong stylized violence, nudity and sexual content including dialogue.

My personal rating: B

No comments: