6/05/2009

Mozart and the Whale (2005)

.
"After everything she told me, and checking on your excellent record in college, I'm wondering why you choose to drive a taxi for a living."
"At my interview with IBM after I graduated college, they asked me what my plans were, and I said, 'Probably go to McDonalds for a 12-piece McNugget and two cheeseburgers, and then do my laundry.'"
"Did they laugh, at least?"
"They smiled and said they'd call me. They didn't."

Donald Morton (Josh Hartnett) is a numbers savant with Asperger's syndrome who runs a support group for others with the same or similar disorders. When Isabelle Sorenson (Radha Mitchell), a music savant, joins the group, it's clear to see the romantic sparks fly. But can they endure and survive the unique challenges that their difficult conditions present?

Also appearing are Gary Cole, Sheila Kelley, Erica Leerhsen, John Carroll Lynch, Nate Mooney, Rusty Schwimmer, Robert Wisdom, and Allen Evangelista.

Inspired by a true story. Directed by Petter Næss.

Run time: 1 hour, 32 minutes

Rated PG-13 for sexual content, language and some thematic material.

My personal rating: B

No comments: