9/25/2008

Nanny McPhee (2005)

.
"There is something you should understand about the way I work. When you need me but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me but no longer need me, then I have to go. It's rather sad, really, but there it is."

Widower Cedric Brown (Colin Firth) has a real problem. His seven unruly children have driven off one governess after another with their rudeness, bad manners, and lack of respect. But enter one homely, warty Nanny McPhee (Emma Thompson, who also wrote the script) and things begin to change as if by magic.

Also in the cast are Kelly Macdonald, Thomas Sangster, Eliza Bennett , Angela Lansbury, Celia Imrie, Imelda Staunton, Derek Jacobi, and the voice of Phyllida Law (Emma Thompson's real life mother).

Directed by Kirk Jones.

Run time: 1 hours, 37 minutes

Rated PG for mild thematic elements, some rude humor and brief language.

My personal rating: B

No comments: