2/05/2009

The Dark Knight (2008)

.
"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger."

This is not my genre. I repeat: This is not my genre. That said, I loved this movie! I guess I'm going to have to reconsider my opinion of superhero films since, in the last six weeks, I've loved Iron Man and Hancock -- and now The Dark Knight.

The mob king (Eric Roberts) is after Batman (Christian Bale). So is the police commissioner (Gary Oldman) who wants that vigilante Batman stopped. And then there's the Joker (Heath Ledger). He's after Batman, too. And while Batman is ready to quit and revert to the quiet life of Bruce Wayne, billionaire, the district attorney (Aaron Eckhart) tells Batman, "You can't give in. You can't quit."

Maggie Gyllenhaal is the love interest, Michael Caine is Bruce Wayne's man Alfred Pennyworth, Morgan Freeman is a director at Wayne Enterprises. Others appearing are Anthony Michael Hall, William Fichtner, and Nicky Katt.

A favorite line:


Thug: "What's the difference between you and me?"
Batman: "I'm not wearing hockey pads."

Directed by Christopher Nolan, who cowrote the script with his brother Jonathan Nolan.

Run time: 2 hours, 32 minutes

Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and some menace.

My personal rating: A-

No comments: